Monday, July 30, 2007

Motorcycle Jacket!!

well at long last i finally finished this after working for weeks to work out my own pattern from complete scratch and then just working it up and then having to get more yarn to finish it. i'm pretty happy with this. it's bulky but so are real ones so i'm cool. it's not completely finished i still have to completely reinforce the main zipper and add some more snaps(have to get more) to the lapels to hold them in place and make them look better. also i will be adding a belt to the bottom to make it more accurate to a real jacket it will be crocheted as well as will the belt loops of course.

here it is layed out


here's the little money pouch pocket deal


here is the diagonal pocket which was reall a pain to do


real jackets have zippers on the cuff too but i didn't think i could handle any more


here is the collar and the lapels, they're kind of ify but they'll do


and here it is in action modeled by yours truely :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's intense! I love it, but then again I love all of your craftster posts. I've used your clash chart on a hat for my boyfriend, and he loves it.

'THAT CROCHET GUY!!' said...

Dude!!!

I have to say I'm very impressed. I've been crocheting for over 35 years, and i've never seen anything as detailed as this!!!
As for crocheted men's items go, this is by far the best I've seen.

One question......what's on the back?

I know you'll blow me away!!!